Choosing a Quality Elderberry SupplementMay 27, 2020 05:01PM ● By Toni Conover
by Brandy McCroskey
Elderberry has long been known for its immune-boosting
properties and is one of the most commonly used medicinal plants in the world.
As a consumer it can be overwhelming to sift through the copious amount of
elderberry products on the market today.
Consider these questions:
- Where is the product produced? (home kitchen, commercial facility, etc.) And by whom?
- What consumer safety practices are used during the production and bottling of the product?
- Is the product third party lab tested?
- Does the product require refrigeration or not? (Tip: Products that do = less preservatives)
- What is the product sweetened with?
Also, read the label carefully and look for the following information:
· Common name and botanical name of the active ingredient and how much is contained in this specific product
· Whether it is the actual berries or an extract used
· Expiration date that has not yet passed
· Name and contact information of manufacturer
Brandy McCroskey is the director of marketing for The Power of Elderberries. For more information, call 678-315-1626 or visit ThePowerOfElderberries.com.